top of page
Step 1: Finances
1. Check your credit scores & credit reports.
2. Figure out how much cash you have for a down payment and don't forget about closing costs!
3. Set a realistic budget for the kind of home you're looking for.
Step 2: Get Pre-Approved
1. Search for a highly reputable mortgage lender that is going to get you the best rate.
2. Get a pre approval letter, it's not necessary but it's going to make your offer much more appealing to the sellers as opposed to getting pre-qualified.
Step 3: Finding Your Dream Home
1. Find a realtor you can trust who will be your best ally during this process (Hey there!)
2. Keep in mind your timeline for moving as it generally takes 30-45 days to close.
3. Gather your financial documentation to send to your lender
Step 4: Submitting Offers
1. Make a strong offer. Keep in mind the earnest money you put down may be anywhere from 1%-3% of the purchase price.
2. Your realtor needs to have strong negotiation skills to get your offer accepted!
Step 5: 30 Days Before Closing
1. Once your offer has been accepted, you need to arrange for financing with your lender.
2. You will need to get a home inspection as well as an appraisal done.
Step 6: Closing Day!
1. Have a certified cashiers check or schedule a wire transfer for your down payment and closing costs.
2. Make sure to bring your ID with you to closing.
3. Welcome to home ownership!
Ready To Purchase?
bottom of page